The APPQ is the only industry organization in Quebec that qualifies and certifies landscapers based on their ability to consistently deliver approved levels of quality, reliability, technical standards, professional ethics and client satisfaction across all facets of landscaping.
To become a Certified Landscaper, your company must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Your company must have been actively engaged in business within the landscaping industry for a minimum of two years prior to applying for membership in the APPQ.
- Your company must have built and maintained a positive reputation in the industry.
- Your company must be financially stable.
- You will have to pass an exam to verify your knowledge of landscaping standards based on BNQ norms.
A cheque for the non-refundable fee of $250 plus taxes for opening your file, review and processing of your application.
A list of 20 clients for whom you have worked during the last two years.
A copy of your ASP Construction card.
Proof of civil liability insurance coverage in the amount of $2 million.
A letter of reference from your bank confirming that your company is a client in good standing.
Identification of a proposed mentor (or one may be assigned by the APPQ).
If you qualify for membership:
You will have to sign an agreement to consistently respect the following during all business activities and landscaping projects:
- Current landscaping standards
- Professional code of ethics
- The minimum guarantees that must be offered by a Certified Landscaper using APPQ contracts
- Your company must agree to respect the recommendations of the APPQ’s Professional Ethics and Guarantees Oversight Committee should a review ever become warranted based on consumer/client reports, complaints or concerns.
- Your company must engage in annual technical development training as recommended and organized by the APPQ to ensure the ongoing enhancement of the expertise and capabilities of our members.